With the news of an outbreak of coronavirus and with shop shelves previously stacked high with toilet roll now bare, it can be easy to get caught up in the panic. There is a lot of unknown right now, and humans don't deal well with not knowing.
In this article I share five tips on how you can stay calm, keep grounded, and keep putting your mental health first.
1. Stay grounded - watching the news constantly will activate your sympathetic nervous system and keep you on high alert. Take time to ground and stay connected to your body. Go out in the garden, feel the grass and breathe in the fresh air.
2. Keep active - moving and exercising is a great way to de-stress. Keep your routine of exercise or start a daily practice that allows you to move your body. This will support both your physical and mental wellbeing.
3. Keep a positive outlook - this can be really hard when the media are constantly updating us with the global death count. We don't know the underlying purpose of this virus, it's already led to a drop in air pollution - perhaps other environmental benefits are going to prevail. Stay open.
4. Breathe - when we breathe deeply we actually help our nervous system settle. Find a few minutes every morning to take some extra deep breaths and really lengthen your exhale to detoxify your body. Inhale for 6 seconds, Exhale for 6 seconds.
5. Go inside - this is a really good time to go inside and meditate, get to grips with your inner world, your emotions, understand the fear you hold that is still in your way and stay connected to your dreams.
P.S. If you’re ready to dive deeper than ever before, here are 5 ways I can help you heal, grow and awaken your inner alchemist
1. Work with me privately in a transformational 6 week journey to heal the root causes of trauma and pain. Just drop me an email and put 'Private Alchemy' in the subject line, tell me what you'd like to heal.
2. Learn how to heal trauma using energy medicine in my latest course- an initiation for experienced practitioners. I will be sharing techniques that have been revealed to me through sacred alchemy work that I use in practice.
3. Grow your practice with private 1-1 mentoring in Alchemy Lab, my accelerator programme for therapists who are ready to break new ground and scale their business, or for those who want support to get started in private practice.
4. Learn healing alchemy at the School of Healing Alchemy, online in depth courses that you can take in your own time 5. Join my monthly group healing sessions which are attended by people around the world